Honeymooning

3 days ago, I plunged into creating Norton and Ralph after a request from one of my clients who runs an air b and b. She collects work from artists who paint TV memorabilia.  When faced with this project, I cowered with the thought of using a palette  of black and white value shades. It forces me to have to think in shapes, measurements and proportions. Painting in color is a little more forgiving. The process of creating the lines for Ralph's ample frame seemed to just flow from my pen with very little corrections. Nort was a different story. I went through a 24 hour mental block, trying to understand why I couldn't get the right proportions on him! Yes...black and white will continue to challenge and stretch my artistic skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's Just A Sweet Primadonna

Peyton's Kiss

Caylee Anthony: Always and Forever