Horrors of War

WARNING: the following painting may be too graphic for sensitive audiences. Viewer discretion is advised....sheesh. I've never had to use that disclaimer on this site. I sound like I'm on TV.  You're asking, what made her paint this?
Well it's not "what" but WHO. I have recently been selected as one of the artists to paint an art card for the collector series, "The Horrors of War 1938" which is put out by the distinguished publisher, Monster Wax.  This is my first commissioned painting for an actual company! Only 24 artists were chosen to participate so, this is my Foot In The Door, so to speak. Who knows where this could lead? 
At 62, I didn't expect any new beginnings for my art but then again, art requires no physical prowess like ballet, other than than the phalanges and a lumberical muscle or two.
I'd like to give special thanks to my husband Barry who is my artistic muze, for making this happen and to Kurt, from Monster Wax for including me in on this card series.
So, gruesome as it is, I present to you, 
War Torn Ukraine. Remember your freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's Just A Sweet Primadonna

Peyton's Kiss

Caylee Anthony: Always and Forever