A Tribute to America's Youth and 911

I often accompany my husband, Barry on dozens of his photo shoots for our local newspaper. It gets me out of the house and always opens me to new adventures. Thursday, I had the priviledge of watching and actually helping Santa Ynez high school students plant 2, 996 US flags into the front lawn of the high school.  The flags of course represent the 2,996 souls who died in the 911 attacks. The students were all part of the Young Americans Foundation, an organization that imparts patriotism, traditional values and free enterprise to America's youth. I was so overwhelmed and inspired by their enthusiasm and dedication that I was compelled to create this painting. Thank you, Noah, for being my subject and thanks to Jenny (Noah's mom) for letting me post this painting. Also a special thanks to my husband Barry whose photos, including this one, are the reference for many of the paintings I do. To all of the Young Americans at Santa Ynez High who participated: I salute you! YOU ARE OUR FUTURE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's Just A Sweet Primadonna

Peyton's Kiss

Caylee Anthony: Always and Forever