The Afterthought

I got my usual text from my daughter on Mothers Day.  " hey mom Happy Mothers day. Did anything arrive yet?" 
Monday, 'anything' still didn't arrive.  The flowers arrived Tuesday evening, a bouquet of yellow and pink roses and unopened lilly buds with a card that said "we dont always agree but Happy mothers day."  As the flowers started to wilt, I picked out my favorite pink roses and placed them in a mason jar. Ahhhhhh lovely. Barry saw the beauty of the newly revised bouquet sitting on our stone coffee table in the late evening filtered sun. He took a picture of it.  But wait,. I wasn't done yet. I decided to use his photo as a reference for a painting titled "The Afterthought." It got over 250 likes on Facebook and they are still coming in. This painting is a pictorial testimony of beauty and peace in the midst of a cold bitter world.the original bouquet
My reference: Barry's beautiful photo
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's Just A Sweet Primadonna

Peyton's Kiss

Caylee Anthony: Always and Forever